The Chick-fil-A Tax Department is responsible for tax compliance, technology, special projects, research, and audit defense functions for independently-owned franchised restaurants and corporate activities. We exist to provide tax planning, regulatory reporting and consulting to stakeholders, governments, external auditors, and business leaders. As we grow in complexity and global footprint, we seek to influence business decisions, reduce tax liability, and mitigate risk.
The primary responsibilities of this professional role include technical tax research, writing technical memorandums, and discussing research, analysis, and conclusions with senior leadership and the family office. A Principal Estate Counsel will have experience in estate planning, estate, and gift taxes, drafting trusts, business succession planning with a working knowledge of business structures and tax implications of each.
• Serve as a technical resource to influence the strategic direction of the estate and tax planning for a multigenerational family
• Perform technical research relative to substantive estate and other tax-related matters
• Serve as an advisor for business succession planning
• Analyze business agreements to identify concerns of inconsistencies with intended estate and business succession plans
• Write technical memoranda and discuss research, analysis, and conclusions with senior management and the family office
• Understand the complexities of operation and management of private foundations, family holding companies, and private trusts
• Participate in developing an estate strategy
• Assist with or lead the selection and oversight (including assistance with financial and/or budgetary management) of outside partners and professionals to effectively deliver outcomes and results