Do you love to develop and optimize distribution solutions? We are looking for a leader with passion and experience in developing and implementing equipment, automation and asset solutions for CFA’s new distribution/production network. This role requires an understanding of material handling systems and equipment, automation, storage solutions, production equipment and the implementation and commissioning of various asset types across multiple distribution & production facilities. The ideal candidate for this role is a collaborative leader who works hard to serve Operators, team members, vendors and other members of the CFA Distribution team.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply is a food production and distribution service network focused entirely on serving the unique needs and growing volume of Chick-fil-A restaurants.
The Chick-fil-A Supply distribution service network is comprised of three components:
· Evaluate various type of distribution and production equipment, automation, storage systems, and assets required to fully operationalize the distribution and food production environment.
· Develop and negotiate optimal vendor contracts that maximize service levels and minimize operational costs.
· Ensure the timely implementation of all assets and equipment according to established schedules for multiple simultaneous building projects.
· Oversee the design process for material handling, storage & production equipment to ensure that designs meet specifications and are accurately integrated into the overall design of the building.
· Ensure that commissioning and performance criteria of equipment are met at established go-live dates.
· General knowledge of warehouse/distribution center processes, layouts, systems, designs
· Familiarity with the principles and operation of material handling systems and equipment
· Familiarity with the determination of warehouse storage systems requirements and related design principles.
· Familiarity with IT requirements related to the integration of material handling systems and equipment
· Application familiarity/proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite (incl. Visio, Project, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook), CAD, Design Drawings, etc
· Ability to multi-task and drive execution across multiple priorities.
· Extensive knowledge of project management best practices and tools.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively managing large strategic projects with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and drive for results through cross-functional and teams at all levels.
· Excellent at establishing, building and maintaining functional working relationships.
· Demonstrated ability in effectively getting work done with and through others.
· Demonstrated capacity to work well within team environments, including experience in managing team dynamics and exerting influence without the benefit of possessing direct authority.
· Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative methods.
· Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
· Must be able to communicate complex issues and concepts simply in order to gain understanding, buy-in and support across all organizational levels.
· Ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations.
· Logical, analytical, organized thinker.
Detailed knowledge and thorough understanding of technical specifications and skill with ensuring compliance by outside vendors.