This position entails the planning, coordination, and managing of all activities related to the physical inventory requirements in the Chick-fil-A Supply Distribution Centers (DC) and Production Distribution Centers (PDC). This includes forecasting, demand planning, inventory management, creating and issuing purchase orders, and supplier integration and relationship management. The position interfaces with suppliers, DC/PDC management, Chick-fil-A, Inc. Supply Chain, Marketing, QA, and Finance. The role will support multiple distribution/manufacturing centers.
This position requires the leader to utilize a diverse range of skills and experiences in the overall support of company operations and requires a high degree of independence in the execution of these responsibilities. The Principal Team Leader works closely with the Chick-fil-A Supply leadership team to establish and continually improve the organization’s performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability through effective supply chain management methods and strategies. Furthermore, this role will be uniquely challenged with their participation in the building of a robust demand planning and inventory management organization that will ultimately be responsible for over $3 billion in inventory. This role will report to the Director of Inventory and Demand Planning and resides in Chick-fil-A Supply LLC.
About Chick-fil-A Supply
A wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply™ is a distribution service provider focused entirely on serving the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants.
Due to steady, year-over-year sales and volume growth, combined with the complexity in our Restaurants, Chick-fil-A Supply supports current and future Restaurant needs through distribution innovation that extends the Chick-fil-A culture of care to those it serves, as well as those it employs.
This subsidiary is in the early stages of development and is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment focused on launching this new service to Restaurants across the nation.
· Create and execute inventory strategies and purchasing procedures to ensure proper inventory quantities are purchased to consistently achieve strategic service level objectives, inventory targets and to minimize obsolescence
· Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns
· Leverage advanced analytics skills and direct the data mining efforts needed to develop inventory and forecasting methods and strategies
· Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
· Coordinate forecasts and inventory levels with the Chick-fil-A, Inc. Supply Chain team
· Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management and cross functional teams
· Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies
· Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
· Manage supplier relationships to ensure continuity of goods and services that meet the quality, service, and price performance standards of the company
· Manage the inbound logistics process to ensure suppliers and carriers are meeting the requirements of Chick-fil-A Supply operations
· Work closely with Finance teams to align on inventory budgets and streamline the AP processes
· Serve as the business process owner to guide technology and system requirements to meet business needs for demand planning and inventory management
· Develop and lead a team of inventory and demanding planning professionals
· Advanced degree in analytics or statistical modeling
· 7+ years of experience in a demand planning/inventory management role
· Experience building reports/analyses on large data sets using analytical tools (e.g. Excel, JMP, SAS, Tableau, etc.)
· Intermediate understanding of SQL and/or some knowledge of a scripting/compiled/statistical programming language (e.g. Python, R, .NET, C++, Java, etc.)
· Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Warehouse Management, and Transportation Management systems