Chick-fil-A has successfully implemented a modern cloud-native, self-service data ecosystem. In this role you will drive the design and implementation of the software components and features required to evolve it into a next-generation data fabric.
You will be responsible for architecting, designing, and leading the implementation of features for the self-service frontend, metadata management capabilities, and advanced data management components related to our enterprise data lake, data warehouses, and other relational and non-relational data stores.
Your daily work will require partnering with fellow engineers, the product owner, data and enterprise architects, stakeholders, vendor teams, and other parties following an agile methodology, while being part of a diverse team that values high performance and excellence as much as work-life balance.
• Lead, mentor and assess partner engineering teams with minimal supervision
• Own the architecture and design of the required software components for evolving Chick-fil-A's data ecosystem into the future
• Exercise skills in Cloud infrastructure and deployment as well as areas like application security, data analytics, machine learning, and site reliability engineering (SRE)
• Define patterns and processes for data transformation, movement, and manipulation using (among others) Hadoop/Spark, SQL, Airflow, Databricks, Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, Athena, and Redshift
• Identify & propose emerging technologies, methodologies and/or approaches related to data and analytics
• Be a key participant of the team’s Agile process
• Address engineering assignments by autonomously deciding which ones to delegate and which ones to execute hands-on
Note - Working in a DevOps model, this opportunity includes both building and running solutions that could require off hours support. This support is shared amongst the team members to cover weekends and weeknights. The goal is to design for failure and, using cloud-native infrastructure patterns, automate responses to possible issues so they can be worked during normal hours.
• Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired
• At least five year of relevant work experience
• Experience designing complex software solutions
• Experience with SQL as well as Relational and Non-Relational data stores
• Experience mentoring and leading a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with Agile principles as applied to software development
• Experience developing and deploying applications via cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
• Proven ability to positively influence the engineering culture and practices in a professional environment
• Master’s Degree
• Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment, Scrum discipline, or comparable software development practices
• Experience as a full-stack developer, including microservices
• Experience building data solutions such as ETL pipelines, ML models, Hadoop, BI
• Familiarity using test-driven development frameworks or automated testing
• Deep understanding of AWS architecture
• Familiarity with version control systems and code merging/branching; specific experience with git desirable
• Experience working with an agile development methodology featuring sprints, points estimation, and daily standups
• Experience in design, data collection, and data analysis